Where My Inspiration Comes From ~Charise J (240 ART)



Where My Inspiration Comes From 

    I started art when I was young, don't exactly remember the age. I was watching my cousin draw a rose and I was thinking that if he could draw that, why not I give it a try. But it just didn't come out the way I thought it was. Ever since then, I was learning from watching on TV because there was a special show on Comcast, at the time, that thought kids how to draw the basic things which would seem hard but they had made it easy. It was fun and I enjoyed it. As time went on, as in when I got older, the show wasn't available anymore and I resulted to drawing what I saw around the house without tracing. Those images weren't bad and so I decided to step it up a notch or so. I had an Instagram and the explore page was filled with wonders. That is how I had found a lot of artists and I started to draw their work. I was proud that it was almost like how the artist themselves had made it, and so I had posted the images and tagged them. I had continued that for awhile. Every now and then, I would be in class and try to remember what I had drawn or just try to come up with a random cartoon from out of my mind. Till this day, I have been doing the same thing and I have been combining my work with an artist that I have seen to make it my own. 

    Photography is just something that I had started doing. I was at a family gathering for a holiday about 2 to 3 years ago and my aunt had a camera just sitting around. I decided to take the opportunity to take photos of the family. they didn't come out bad and at that point, I thought I was a photographer. Every time I went back they trusted me with taking the photos to store as memory. Since I don't have my own personal camera, I take photos on my IPhone which still comes out good like I had taken it on a camera and transferred it over.

    When it comes to me making art or taking photos, I seem to look at anything from any source (media, indoors, outdoors, etc.) to get a clear idea. I would often find something on the media and keep it in a certain tab, in order for me to come back to it so I would have an idea on if I would want to try it in my own way. Sometimes, I would find myself listening to music and a thought of what I would want to do comes up. When it comes to photography, it would be from something outside that just looks so beautiful that I would want to take a photo of it. Taking photos, in my opinion, have to look great in my eyes at the moment before I actually take it. 



~Charise J

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolfgang Tillmans ~Charise J (240 ART)

Irving Penn ~ Charise J